Translate

Saturday, November 28, 2020

Down to Earth. "Halloween" -- October 9, 2019

 

So I bumped into Jesus at the WaWa this morning…

 JESUS: BOO!!!

ME: That’s your Halloween costume? What are you supposed to be?

JESUS: I’m the burning bush for crying out loud! Paul met me on the road to Damascus. Dad blinded him and then showed him the light and truth. Jeez Louise….You need to read my book once in a while... were you scared?

ME: Not really. Maybe you should try a zombie costume.

JESUS: Yeah right. Zombie Jesus. Man, if I did that, they’d crucify both of us.

ME: But you did come back from the dead, so technically that makes you…

JESUS: DON’T EVEN GO THERE SISTER GIRL! I came back to save people, not eat them.

ME: How’s the whole saving thing working out?

JESUS: Eh, good days, bad days. You know how it is. It’s hard this time of the year. Everyone’s into devils and ghosts and ghouls and the undead and … aliens. It’s hard to get their attention, even if you’re a burning bush. Wanna get saved?

ME: Sure, why not.

JESUS: Okay then…get ready…here it comes…and ….BAM KABLOOIE! You are with me forever!

ME: Thanks! 

JESUS: How do you feel? Tingly? Some folks say they feel a tingle when I do that.

ME: No…I feel about the same.

JESUS: I have to work on special effects. Being saved has to be memorable.

ME: Okay. Listen, I’m going in the store. Do you want something?

JESUS: Yeah. I had my eye on a nice bag of candy corn. I love that stuff. What do you say? Help a Savior out?

ME: You know that stuff is bad for your teeth. It’s all sugar!

JESUS: Please? Is it too much to ask? After all, I did save you.

ME: Who am I to argue with you? Candy corn it is then.

JESUS: You’re the best.

ME: Should we hug now?

JESUS: No. I’m the burning bush remember? You could get seriously hurt.

ME: I’ll be right back.

JESUS: Trick or Treat baby!

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment