Translate

Saturday, November 28, 2020

Down to Earth! "SIX SEASONS" -- June 27, 2019

 

So I bumped into Jesus at the WaWa this morning…

 

ME: Good morning! Hot enough for you?

JESUS: Really? What a hacky thing to say. It’s not so bad. I’ve been to hotter places, if you know what I mean.

ME: You know, I’ve often wondered why there are only four seasons. How did your father happen to pick that number?

JESUS: Good question. What a lot of people don’t know is that there were originally 6 seasons. But they weren’t really popular, so Dad got rid of them.

ME: Really? What were they?

JESUS: Well, there was Sonofa, that one season where it rained fireballs for 40 days and nights. You can understand why that didn’t catch on.

ME: Yeah.

JESUS: And then there was Indecisio, the one where it would be 95 degrees one day and 20 degrees the next. Dad thought that folks would like the variety, but it just pissed everybody off because they didn’t know how to dress. So he settled on 4.

ME: Makes sense. Hey, I hate to bother you, but this situation at the border is getting tragic. Can’t you fix it? I mean wave your hand for a miracle or something?

JESUS: I already told you how to fix it and no one listened.

ME: Refresh my memory.

JESUS: Love each other. Duh…

 ME: Oh. Right. Can I get you something from inside?

JESUS: Glad you asked. How about a nice Iced Coffee and one of those Choco-Taco ice cream bars?

ME: You got it buddy.

JESUS: Bless you.

ME: That means a lot.

JESUS: Now go get my ice cream, please? It’s hot as hell out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment