Translate

Saturday, November 28, 2020

Down to Earth! "JESUS AT THE OPEN MIC" -- September 5, 2019

 

Jesus at the open mic. September 5, 2019

So I bumped into Jesus at the WaWa this morning…

Me: Hey, what’s with the flyers?

Jesus: I’m starting an open mic and I’m trying to get people to come.

Me: Wow. I didn’t know you did standup!

Jesus: Stand up, sit down, float around…I do it all! The only thing is, it’s a bringer show.

Me: I hate those. How many are you bringing?

Jesus: So far? Twelve. You feel like coming? I can give you ten minutes.

Me: Any restrictions on content?

Jesus: Well, nothing on race, sexual identity, religion, mental illness, and certainly no politics. You know how people are.

Me: Well that narrows down the topics quite a bit. Funny, I never thought of you as the censoring kind.

Jesus: Personally I don’t have a problem with it. It’s the club owner. He’s already blocked my Sermon on the Mount. I don’t want to piss him off again and lose the room.

Me: Sigh…I guess some things are even bigger than you my friend.

Jesus: Tell me about it. Hey… can you get me a Yoo Hoo and a hot dog while you’re in there?

Me: Of course.

Jesus: Bless you my child.

Me: Back Atcha.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment