Translate

Saturday, November 28, 2020

Down to Earth! "JESUS AND THE TRUTH" -- January 25, 2020

 

Jesus and the truth. Sunday January 25, 2020

So I bumped into Jesus at the WaWa this morning…

JESUS: Good morning sunshine! What’s shakin, bacon? You look more pensive than Pence. Hah! See what I did there?

ME: Okay, I guess. Listen, I have a question for you.

JESUS: Okay, shoot.

ME: What is truth?

JESUS: Whoa. Somebody’s been thinking again. Okay. In order to answer this question, I’ll need a 16 oz. coffee, a jelly donut, a pack of smokes, and a sausage and egg Sizzli on a bagel.

ME: I’ll be right back. 

(10 minutes later)

ME: Okay, here ya go. Now…what is truth?

JESUS: Well…did you believe that I needed all those things in order to answer your question?

ME: Yes.

JESUS: You believed me because you trusted me. Who the hell would ever need a jelly donut to answer ANY question, much less a heady one like, “What is truth?” 

ME: So…you lied? Not cool, man. You have a reputation you know.

JESUS: Exactly. You believed me because of my rep. And no, I didn’t lie. I did need those things. I think better on a full tummy. Look truth is only truth when enough people believe something is true. People used to think the earth was flat because some idiot in power said it was and enough people believed him. The truth is, there is no absolute truth. And that’s the truth.

ME: Are you lying about that?

JESUS: Of course not. And by the way, the earth IS flat. Naw it isn’t…Is it? Who knows! Man this Sizzli rocks!

ME: So how can I ever believe anyone?

JESUS: You can’t. You can only live your own truth. That’s why Dad installed that little gut check feature. Truth is not absolute. Nothing is absolute. Even the most demented minds can justify their behavior because they believe their own truth.

ME: Sigh. You depress me sometimes.

JESUS: Don’t be glum chum. There is an absolute you can depend on more than your Maytag washer…and that’s saying something.

ME: What is it?

JESUS: Come onnnnn…you knowwww…we’ve been over this a million times. It’s LOVE baby! That’s the only absolute, dig?

ME: Why are you talking like a hippie?

JESUS: Peace and love….maybe the hippies were on to something. And that’s the truth!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment