Translate

Saturday, November 28, 2020

Down to Earth! "JESUS ON THE BIG SCREEN (Corona Edition) -- May 24, 2020

 

So I bumped into Jesus at the WaWa this morning…

ME: WOW! LOOK AT YOU!

JESUS: Look at me! I’m Zoomin here!

ME: I see! Wow. You’re out in the parking lot on a giant screen TV. It’s like a giant drive-in movie. You’re at least 9 feet tall!

JESUS: You should see me in real life!

ME: I have. You aren’t 9 feet tall. So where are you broadcasting from?

JESUS: Can’t tell you. Then I’d have to kill you. Then I’d have to raise you from the dead. Hahahaha…see what I did?

ME: You’re a laugh riot. So how are you killing time during this quarantine?

JESUS: Dad, Gabriel, Peter and I went fishing last week. We socially distanced, but Peter wouldn’t wear a mask. He’s such a stubborn ass sometimes. And I’m working on an 18 million piece jigsaw puzzle. It’s a picture of the history of the earth. I’m up to my time, but I cannot for the life of me find this missing piece. It’s crucial.

ME: What is it?

JESUS: Ironically, John the Baptist’s head.

ME: You doing any work?

JESUS: Of course I am, chickpea. There’s a lot of sick people out there. Also a lot of people out there risking their lives to help you all. I’m watching over them all the time. Loving them like I do. And if they need me to take them home, I’m there baby!

ME: That makes me happy.

JESUS: Sure it does. Hey! There’s someone here who wants to say hello!

ME: Who?

RHONDA THE ARMENIAN: Me, ya big dumb silver-headed mask face!

ME: Oh. Hi Rhonda. I see the quarantine hasn’t affected your sparkling personality.

RHONDA: What? I gotta be nice to you all of a sudden? Listen up, nipple clamp, I don’t need to be nice to nobody as long as I do my job. I’m outta here. Here’s the boss.

JESUS: She’s something else, isn’t she?

ME: Oh yes….something…else. Listen. Strange as it might seem, I actually miss you. Can’t wait for this to be over.

JESUS: I miss you too. I miss all my children. Listen stay in touch, okay. And as long as you’re at the WaWa, pick up a nice Sizzli with Bacon, a sticky bun and a coffee. Do this in memory of me.

ME: Kind of like the Last Breakfast. Hahaha…see what I did there?

JESUS: Don’t do schtick okay?

ME: Okay. Love you.

JESUS: Back atcha.

RHONDA: IS THAT CLOWN WITH TINKER TOYS FOR BRAINS GONE YET?

JESUS: SHE’S LEAVING NOW!!!! Oy what a nudge. See ya.

ME: Better you than me. Later.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment