Translate

Saturday, November 28, 2020

Down to Earth! "SEND HIM BACK!" --July 20, 2019

 


So I bumped into Jesus at the WaWa this morning…

ME: Oh you’re just the one I wanted to see.

JESUS: Ta da! And here I am as if by magic. What’s on your mind, toots?

ME: Why aren’t you doing something about all this hate going around? It’s tearing us apart.

JESUS: What would you like me to do? Smite a few people? I could start a plague. Nothing horrible. I haven’t done locusts for a while. How about that?

ME: Naw. Isn’t that just more hate and anger?

JESUS: It sure is, tootsie-bell. Nobody listens to me anymore anyway. They all think they know what I’m thinking but they don’t. If I came out to the public, they’d just want to send me back to where I came from. Mobs don’t take kindly to me, remember?

ME: So what do we do?

JESUS: Well now that’s a good question. When all else fails, just love each other.

ME: But they hate people who are different. My love is meaningless.

JESUS: Was mine?

ME: Point taken. Okay, I’ll try.

JESUS: Good. Just remember, when you take your final breath, everybody gets sent ‘back’. Now can you get me a bottle of Yoo-Hoo and a hoagie? I’m starving.”

ME: Sure.

JESUS: Oh and one other thing…

ME: Yes?

JESUS: Love ya.

ME: Back atcha.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment