Translate

Saturday, November 28, 2020

Down to Earth! "HOLIDAY DINNER" -- November 15, 2019

 

So I bumped into Jesus this morning at the WaWa…

ME: Mornin’ Big Guy. I got you a Sausage and Egg Sizzli and a coffee. Thought you might be hungry.

JESUS: Oh wow, thanks! I’ve been so busy this morning I forgot to eat! I was going to do some loaves and fishes later, but this is great, thanks!

ME: Not a problem. Whatcha doin? You’re writing up a storm there.

JESUS: I’m really excited. I’m putting together my guest list for my annual holiday bash. You know my birthday is coming up and so I do this big deal every year to cover all the holidays; Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanza, Ramadan, all of them. You’re invited of course.

ME: Thanks. Where is it?

JESUS: At my place in the Hamptons.

ME: Wait…you have a place in the Hamptons? On Long Island?

JESUS: Yessiree Bob. And I have plenty of room. You can stay over.

ME: Ooookay. So who else is on the guest list?

JESUS: Well, there’s Mom and Dad of course.

ME: Of course.

JESUS: My brother James, his wife and their rotten kids. Every year they break something after I tell them not to touch it…. Passive aggressive little buggers.

ME: I see.

JESUS: Oh, I almost forgot. I’m hoping for a reunion of the original 13 apostles. I hope Peter brings his guitar. He’s pretty good actually… sounds a lot like Glenn Frey from the Eagles.

ME: Wait. Did you say…13 apostles? I thought there were only 12?        

JESUS: Yeah, everyone thinks that. We started with 13, but we impeached one just before we hit it big. Turned out he was taking kickbacks. His name is Lou.

ME: Lou? You actually had an apostle named Lou?

JESUS: Short for Lucifer. He’s a big deal now. Owns a plumbing supply store in Tenafly, New Jersey.

ME: Wait. You’re actually invited the Prince of Darkness to your party? Isn’t that going to be uncomfortable?

JESUS: Look. It’s been two thousand years. Time to let bygones be bygones. Besides, I’m hoping to get a good price on a Jacuzzi for the back yard. Besides, I’m the Prince of Peace. That trumps the Prince of Darkness every time.

ME: You’re a better person than I am.

JESUS: Many people say that I’m a better person than everyone. So are you coming?

ME: I wouldn’t miss it for the world.   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment