Translate

Saturday, November 28, 2020

Down to Earth. "Identity Crisis" -- September 26, 2019

 

So I bumped into Jesus at the WaWa this morning…

ME: Why so glum, chum?

JESUS: Does show that much?

ME: Well you’re sitting on the ground with your head in your hands and a sign that reads, “Ask me who I am.” I’d say glum was a good guess. So what’s up?

JESUS: Can I ask you a question? And be honest, okay?

ME: Like I would lie to YOU.

JESUS: Who do people say I am?

ME: Oh man. I wasn’t expecting that.

JESUS: Well?

ME: Honestly? I really don’t know.

JESUS: And you? Who do you say I am?

ME: Oh wow. I’m not really sure. I know that I like you and that you make me feel good when I’m around you. So that’s in your job description. I know that you mooch off of me and I don’t mind it one bit.  I know who you say you are, but I haven’t really seen proof. I know that you piss a lot of people off around here, which I guess fits your profile. Who do you say you are?

JESUS: I’m the kind of guy who will never settle down. Where broken hearts are, you know that I’m around. I kiss him and I hug them because to me they’re all the same. I hug em and I squeeze em, they don’t even know my name.

ME: Let me guess.  They call you the Wanderer?

JESUS: Yeah, the Wanderer. I go round and round and round and round.

ME: Nice. The Gospel according to Dion.

JESUS: He’s timeless, like me. Now how about a coffee, some smokes and a sticky bun please?

ME: You got it.

JESUS: Love ya babe.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment